Saturday, March 31, 2012

Part 1: Going to bed angry

Three bad things happened to three good friends of mine this week. The tides can just change so quickly on people; It got me all self-reflective and existential.

For instance, Monday night I picked up Matt from the airport after his annual week away boys trip in Phoenix.  Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder because we were having a fun time that night, hanging out, making fun of "X-Tina's" cleavage on The Voice and looking through photos of the pretty golf courses in AZ.  Tuesday was more of the same, only this time our laughs centered around making fun of the "Schmidt"character on New Girl. [Side note: if you aren't watching this show, you should be. If you have watched and don't like it, we're not friends.]

Wednesday, however, was a different story. Matt didn't get home until 11:30 pm from a work function. I knew there would be a dinner, but did not know that would turn into a beer-fueld late night. Normally I'd have been in bed by 10:00 and been none the wiser to what time he may have returned, but on this day, I'd had such a long day at work that I came home and fell asleep on the couch from 5-9 PM so was in fact still bright-eyed and bushy tailed when the garage door opened late night. Even with it being a work thng, I was a little annoyed, though I'll admit I probably came off as A LOT annoyed. Anyway, after very little sleep, I woke up eeling guilty and thinking back to what I said at the beginning of this -- anything can happen and you never expect anything bad to. All things lately considered, why did I let myself go to bed angry?!  All I ever hear people say is that you shouldn't do that. It's easier said than done in my book. Do you all asleep at odds? Where does everyone else stand on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment